Last updated: Sept 25, 2023
TipTop Farm’s website contains links to third-party sites and advertisers. We are not responsible for using cookies, the privacy policies, or the content of those sites.
TipTop Farms is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
c/o Understanding eCommerce
651 Ellsworth Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems using your Personal Data, and we will gladly assist you.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
Effective Date: Dec 23, 2019
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California consumers have the following rights:
- The right to request that we disclose what personal information (as defined in the CCPA) we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- The right to request the deletion of personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request a copy of the specific personal information about you.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising your California privacy rights.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – TipTop Farms
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities have legal grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Therefore, our Processing activities fit the purpose of personal data.
- Processing is done with minimal data. Therefore, we only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a period. Therefore, we will not store your data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to informal – you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure in certain circumstances, you can request your data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Data.
- Right to object to Processing – in some instances, you have the right to object to Processing your Data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise this right whenever an outcome of the profiling produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Data in a machine-readable format or is feasible as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to complain – we will explain if we refuse your request under the Rights of Access. If you are dissatisfied with how your request has been handled, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right to help a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw Consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for your Personal Data Processing.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – mainly information necessary to deliver you a product/service or enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and email address.
Information is automatically collected from you.
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, IP address, shopping history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve the customer experience. In addition, your activities may be logged when you use our services or look at our website’s contents.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Data
We use your Data to:
- Provide our service to you. For example, this includes registering your account, providing you with other products and services you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request, communicating with you about those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Data on legitimate grounds and with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we Process your Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers* (from us and our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering your products/services similar to your purchasing history/browsing behavior our legitimate interest.
With your Consent, we Process your Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes, we have asked for your Consent;
We Process your Data to fulfill obligations arising from the law and use your Data for options provided by the law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information, and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law, but not longer than is necessary to support your user experience.
We might process your Data for additional purposes not mentioned here but compatible with the original purpose for gathering the data. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Data
We do not share your Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is, in some cases, provided to our trusted partners to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with the following:
Our processing partners:
We make use of certain APIs to provide specific features.
These APIs may include the following third-party services: Google Maps (API key), Meetup (OAuth token), PayPal (email, Client ID, Client Secret), Eventbrite (API key, auth URL, Client Secret), and Zoom (email, Client ID, Client Secret).
Event, Venue, and Organizer Information
If you create, submit, import, save, or publish Event, Venue, or Organizer information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organizer information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
Importing Events, Venues, and Organizers:
- All data present within a CSV or ICS file and external URLs (for events, venues, organizers, and tickets)
- Import origin data (URL from where events are being imported—such as Eventbrite, MeetUp, other compatible URL sources, and more, which can include similar or the same data as listed above)
- Eventbrite Ticket information: name, description, cost, type, quantity
Please note that a user must hold a website account on this domain to create new events through the Community Events submission form. This information is retained in the local database. Creating events anonymously is possible if the site owner has this option enabled.
When purchasing Eventbrite Tickets, attendee, purchaser, and order information are stored and managed by Eventbrite.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files stored on your computer, and allows an analysis of the website’s use. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site is usually sent to a server of Google in the US and stored there.
In the case of activating the IP anonymization on this Web site, Google’s IP address will be truncated within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the European Economic Area’s Agreement. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened. On behalf of this site operator, Google will use this information to evaluate your website’s use, compile reports on website activity, and provide other website and internet-related services to the site operator. Within the scope of Google Analytics, your browser’s IP address cannot be merged with other data held by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; we point out, however, that in this case, not all the features of this site are in full use. You can also extend the coverage of the generated by the cookie and prevent your use of the site-related data (including your IP address) to Google and the Processing of these data by Google by following the link below the available browser plugin Download install. Given the debate about using analytical tools with full IP addresses, we would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp ()”. Therefore, IP addresses are processed only shortened to reduce anonymity.
FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON
The website uses social plugins Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (from now on, “Facebook”). When you visit pages on www.dataconomy.com, including such a plugin that automatically transmits data about your visitor’s behavior on the server from Facebook. Dataconomy Media GmbH does not influence the nature and extent of data collected and communicated to Facebook. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can visit your Facebook account. For more information about privacy on Facebook, visit http://www.facebook.com/policy.php. As the website’s provider, we have neither knowledge of the content nor the use thereof through Facebook.
GOOGLE ADWORDS TRACKING
This website uses Google AdWords conversion tracking, a web analytics service that Google Inc. (“Google”) provides. Google AdWords Conversion Tracking also uses “cookies” stored on your computer and allows an analysis of the website’s use by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is sent to a Google server in the US and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your website’s use, compile reports on website activity for website operators, and provide other website activity and internet-related services.
Also, Google may transfer this information to third parties unless required by law or third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate the data with other data held by Google. You can prevent cookies in general if you prohibit your browser from receiving cookies.
NEWSLETTER – MailPoet newsletter & emails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, are a member of our website (you can log in), or purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails you have signed up to receive or pertain to our services.
We use the name and email address you provide to send you emails. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent system abuse.
This website can send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters.
No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
We use a secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection to protect the transmission of your data. This ensures that your data, including credit card details and contact information, is securely transmitted via the Internet. The data is encrypted so that our payment system can only read it. You will recognize that you are now in the secured area from a symbol (sealed padlock) in your browser’s window bar. If your PC cannot process SSL – which may happen in rare cases – you do not need to worry that your data will be transmitted without secure encryption. In such cases, you usually receive an error page drawing your attention to the problem. Then, you should, best of all, contact your provider.
Our pages include the functionality of Twitter. Twitter Inc. offers 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Using Twitter and its “re-tweet” function, those websites will be linked to your Twitter account and shared with other users. This also entails forwarding data to Twitter.
You can modify your Twitter privacy settings within your account settings here:
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves like the visitor has visited another website.
Who do we share your data with?
IF YOU REQUEST A PASSWORD RESET, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long do we retain your data?
The comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely if you leave a comment. This is so we can automatically recognize and approve any follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we must keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where do we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We only work with Processing partners who can ensure adequate protection for your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when legally obliged. For example, we might disclose your Data to third parties if you have consented to it or on other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee information security. However, we promise to notify the suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience, so you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and screen display choices. Login cookies last two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. The login cookies will be removed if you log out of your account.
An additional cookie will be saved in your browser if you edit or publish an article. This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. However, turning off cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – These cookies are required for you to use some essential features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies provide functionality that makes our service more convenient and provides more personalized features. For example, they might remember your name and email in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies deliver relevant advertisements to you and your interests. Also, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website shared with other organizations, such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Data Protection Officer
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details
Contact Name: M. Patrick Doherty
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +1 415-218-5352